EWP Control strategy

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Good day all, anyone have information on the control strategy used for the EWP, any information will be appreciated. After further thought I think I should give some more detail and context here, I am presently doing an N55 build using a pair of upgraded Big Boost twins. I was advised to switch over to an S55 DME in order to get the dual electronic WG's and dual bank wideband controls to work (by cloning the ISN from the N55 DME to the S55 DME, my only question thus far is controlling the EWP on the N55. I have since looked at its wiring which turns out to be basic, the single control wire (violet) goes back to pin #26 on the connector. I am wondering if I will be able to move this over to an open pin slot in the appropriate connector of the S55 DME and have the functionality coded in, anyone know if something like this is possible?

Last edited:

fstbtstr

Private
Apr 14, 2024
I think it might require lots of work, since you already have an S55 DME, you can probably find some aftermarket mechanical water pump and mount it in the stock water pump location, will probably need to fabricate some brackets and use different serpentine belt.
Or use an aftermarket electric water pump and make it always run/control it in the same way it's done with aftermarket electric wps for chevy sbc

Last edited: