u2asian

Oct 15, 2024
Hi - 1st post so that I can PM member fmorelli. Need to ask him a question regarding e89 UUC brake lines.

Dan

u2asian

Oct 15, 2024
Hi @fmorelli - I can't get a hold of UUC and in one of your posts, you mentioned that UUC's E89 brake line kit fits correctly. When you have a moment, could you tell which of the lines, in the photograph, are for the front and the rear? The top line is the stock front, left hose. I feel like I received the incorrect kit for my e89.

full.jpg

Thank you for your time,

Dan

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Hi @fmorelli - I can't get a hold of UUC and in one of your posts, you mentioned that UUC's E89 brake line kit fits correctly. When you have a moment, could you tell which of the lines, in the photograph, are for the front and the rear? The top line is the stock front, left hose. I feel like I received the incorrect kit for my e89.

I don't have any picture of them but process of elimination tells me the following: the rear is a two-piece setup - so the short line is part of the rear setup. Next, the line with the rubber grommet clips into the front strut housing tab, so that's the front. That leaves the second long pair, which goes to the rear brake (with the short lines). Hope this helps!

Reactions: SlowE93

u2asian

Oct 15, 2024
I don't have any picture of them but process of elimination tells me the following: the rear is a two-piece setup - so the short line is part of the rear setup. Next, the line with the rubber grommet clips into the front strut housing tab, so that's the front. That leaves the second long pair, which goes to the rear brake (with the short lines). Hope this helps!
Thank you for your reply. Your thought process was similar to mine. Unfortunaltey, that didn't work as the ends of the two shorter lines have locking tabs that are used to secure into mounting tabs onto the frame. The longest line, with the grommet doesn't have that end. Furthermore, that front line was too short by a couple of inches. This deffinately wasn't for an e89. I ended up RMA-ing back to them. Z4's huh?

IMG_0507A.jpg