Dyno Results with “eBay” 19t’s

ktb_e92

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Indiana
Ride
2007 335i MT6
IMG_1504.jpeg
Hey everyone, I went to the Dyno on Friday to see how much power my car made with the new 19t setup. I was really impressed! The mods will be listed below.

•Viv V3 6-Blade 19t Turbos
•VRSF Race Intercooler
•VRSF Charge Pipe + TurboSmart BOV
•ARM Turbo Inlet Filter Cones
•VRSF 2” Stock-Location Turbo Inlets & 2" Turbo Outlets
•ARM Cat-less Downpipes
•Secondary Cat Delete
•BMS 3.5bar TMap Sensor Kit
•BMP Stage 2.5 Bucket-less LPFP Kit
•XClutch Organic Twin-Disk Kit
•23psi E40 MHD Map by JSR Tuning
*No Water/Meth or Port Fuel Injection

Best Run: 533whp / 603wtq

My tuner said if I didn’t have a small timing adjustment mid-pull on the best run, it would’ve spared me another ~20whp. Water/meth Injection is next so I can give the HPFP some head room, because anytime outside temps are 70* or lower, rail PSI tends to dip around 1100 up top. During a multi-gear pull, it’ll happen at the top of 3rd but usually stay steady at 1500+ PSI in 4th & 5th. Either way, AFR's stay very steady and don't lean out nor misfire. Otherwise, any warmer it gets outside will help keep rail PSI steady where it should be.

Clips of the runs can be found on my YouTube or Instagram, same username as my profile on this forum. Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

IQraceworks

Sergeant
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i
I would have thought they would make more than than low 500's....my RB Two's make close to 575-585hp at 25psi. Did you happen to dyno the car on the same dyno with the stock turbos?

Reactions: ktb_e92
Sep 5, 2023
533 rwhp is impressive. I hit 595 rwhp with GC 2.0's with boostane and 1500 mL/min meth, which I believe is about 60 hp equivalent of energy. This was at 25 psi and 9 deg timing.

I see you are on e40 and your tuner didn't push it to the limit, which is wise. Gaining some safety margin for some reliability is worth it. My turbos didn't last long. Maybe I pushed too hard. Now a ST Docrace 6466

my RB Two's make close to 575-585hp at 25psi.
But this must be an ethanol blend, right? E40? Impressive!

Regards,

Eric

Last edited:

ktb_e92

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Indiana
Ride
2007 335i MT6
I would have thought they would make more than than low 500's....my RB Two's make close to 575-585hp at 25psi. Did you happen to dyno the car on the same dyno with the stock turbos?
25psi is pretty good. Yeah, same Dyno. I'm capped at 23psi since I don't have any PI or Water/meth, and I had a slight timing pull which sacrificed about 20hp. Water/meth would fix this unless I ran a less-aggressive tune but in return would have a lower result. My inlets are stock-location too, I know that running relocated ones can free up some "restriction" but I was more comfortable with having the inlets on the colder side in the engine bay.

I'm going after a simple Water/meth setup within the next couple months because the size of these 19t's are pretty demanding on my fuel system for being DI only. Running the Water/meth will really relieve my HPFP from working as hard as it does, plus my tuner can re-do my boost curve to trade off some of that torque for horsepower.

Reactions: Thunderstorm1250

ktb_e92

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Indiana
Ride
2007 335i MT6
Nice, would you mind sharing a Datalog? I'm going on the dyno with my China 17Ts tomorrow, however I am using Charge Pipe Methanol, same tuner as you too.
Nice! Do you have Instagram? Much easier for me to communicate back & forth on there with pictures of datalogs etc. And what boost/ethanol are you going to run? My buddy with 17t’s on a 24psi E40 + Water/meth map by JSR made 570whp, hoping for more since he was having issues with the Dyno and couldn’t finish the session.

ktb_e92

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Indiana
Ride
2007 335i MT6
533 rwhp is impressive. I hit 595 rwhp with GC 2.0's with boostane and 1500 mL/min meth, which I believe is about 60 hp equivalent of energy. This was at 25 psi and 9 deg timing.

I see you are on e40 and your tuner didn't push it to the limit, which is wise. Gaining some safety margin for some reliability is worth it. My turbos didn't last long. Maybe I pushed too hard. Now a ST Docrace 6466

Regards,

Eric
Thank you! And wow that’s a great result. Yeah it’s still reliable but being 19t’s, size-wise it’s still a little needy on my fuel system up top anytime IAT’s are under 80*. By that I mean my rail will dip to around 1100psi, but no misfires nor lean codes and doesn’t do it in 4th or 5th gear. Anything beyond that IAT is solid. I’m definitely going after Water/meth here soon to give even more head room to the fuel system, and have my boost curve rearranged accordingly to where I can trade off some of that torque for horsepower. Either way I’m happy it carries a consistent 500whp all the way near redline for some twins.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023
Thank you! And wow that’s a great result. Yeah it’s still reliable but being 19t’s, size-wise it’s still a little needy on my fuel system up top anytime IAT’s are under 80*. By that I mean my rail will dip to around 1100psi, but no misfires nor lean codes and doesn’t do it in 4th or 5th gear. Anything beyond that IAT is solid. I’m definitely going after Water/meth here soon to give even more head room to the fuel system, and have my boost curve rearranged accordingly to where I can trade off some of that torque for horsepower. Either way I’m happy it carries a consistent 500whp all the way near redline for some twins.

Boostane is legit. It's a great solution for people that can't access e85 and really push the octane limit. The downside is an extra $20 when I add a can with each fill up. It brings my 93 octane to 98 or 99. I've been doing this for many years.

• Wow

IQraceworks

Sergeant
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i

Regards,

Eric
Yeah, that's on E40 fuel.....but I thought the dyno chart posted above was also on E40?

ktb_e92

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Indiana
Ride
2007 335i MT6
Yes, 23psi E40 map. I mention wanting to add Water/meth because no, my HPFP isn't at an unsafe level but it is near that range especially if it's chilly out since it'll naturally produce even more power = more demand. That's when my rail pressure will go from ~1600psi at peak to ~1100psi up top. Water/meth will relieve how hard my HPFP works, and I won't have to keep getting less-aggressive revisions to hold up with temps getting cooler, especially throughout the fall/winter. In return I should hopefully see upwards of 570whp.

Vtecnet

Lurker
Sep 20, 2021
Nice! Do you have Instagram? Much easier for me to communicate back & forth on there with pictures of datalogs etc. And what boost/ethanol are you going to run? My buddy with 17t’s on a 24psi E40 + Water/meth map by JSR made 570whp, hoping for more since he was having issues with the Dyno and couldn’t finish the session.
Insta name is 17t135i

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
Its a good result but, again doesnt seem like the 19ts offer much over 15ts given RB twos and Pure stage 2s make the same power. It must be the stock head and backpressure limits on the still very small/stock sized turbine housings used (despite the bigger wheels)

If you are on a stock engine you need to pull some power out down low if you would like to be driving it around and not rebuilding it.
500rwhp at 4500rpm, the torque you have tuned in is going to be unkind to a variety of things, from the engine to the drive train(assuming you have stock things there too)
Lop some of the boost out early and you will also find the car is faster /able to put the power down. You can also use boost by gear etc to help in MHD.
The good news is you know you can make power , so dialing it back should be easy.
If you are on a built motor, bulletproof drivetrain with drag radials then ignore my advice and send it 👍

ktb_e92

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Indiana
Ride
2007 335i MT6
Its a good result but, again doesnt seem like the 19ts offer much over 15ts given RB twos and Pure stage 2s make the same power. It must be the stock head and backpressure limits on the still very small/stock sized turbine housings used (despite the bigger wheels)

If you are on a stock engine you need to pull some power out down low if you would like to be driving it around and not rebuilding it.
500rwhp at 4500rpm, the torque you have tuned in is going to be unkind to a variety of things, from the engine to the drive train(assuming you have stock things there too)
Lop some of the boost out early and you will also find the car is faster /able to put the power down. You can also use boost by gear etc to help in MHD.
The good news is you know you can make power , so dialing it back should be easy.
If you are on a built motor, bulletproof drivetrain with drag radials then ignore my advice and send it 👍
Thank you for the advice. I’ll definitely keep it in mind. I know a lot of torque down low can be a little too over-bearing on a stock motor, I make sure to keep any demand over 4500ish RPM since that’s a decent way through midrange and entering top-end. Though I have no choice but to do a 3rd gear log from 3k-redline occasionally to make sure everything is up to snuff. Otherwise I never floor it down low/do any launches where it can have a lot of demand on the drivetrain, let alone the bottom-end of the engine.

I just replaced my exhaust with a VRSF Race and can notice it picked up a decent amount top-end, hopefully a slight decrease in torque. Water/meth is also on the list and my tuner will definitely rearrange my boost curve to be aimed for even more power up-top without sacrificing my rail pressure, in contrast to if I tried doing that now with no water/meth or port-fuel injection. This will help even further with picking up some extra horsepower and hopefully throwing away some of that torque