too low of a boost target, low load requirement

aiden22122

Sep 17, 2024
2008 bmw 335i targets no boost 3500-5000 rpm very in frequent about when it does or doesnt target boost. does this on multiple tunes some worse then others like the rpf v12. tunes or the ots mhd tunes, ive even played around in tuner pro with the load requirements but havent gotten anything to work. it does this a little on the stock tunes but not as bad when im trying to target more boost with the other tunes. once it sees the proper load requirements the car will boost with no issues.

aiden22122

Sep 17, 2024
2008 bmw 335i targets no boost 3500-5000 rpm very in frequent about when it does or doesnt target boost. does this on multiple tunes some worse then others like the rpf v12. tunes or the ots mhd tunes, ive even played around in tuner pro with the load requirements but havent gotten anything to work. it does this a little on the stock tunes but not as bad when im trying to target more boost with the other tunes. once it sees the proper load requirements the car will boost with no issues.
https://datazap.me/u/aiden22122#google_vignette heres the link to my data zap to check out my logs!

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Looks like the car is torque limited because of a missing component.

Have you removed the AC or cooling fan? Any codes?

aiden22122

Sep 17, 2024
Looks like the car is torque limited because of a missing component.

Have you removed the AC or cooling fan? Any codes?
Yes the car has An aftermarket cooling fan on its own relay in place of the factory cooling fan I’ll order an oem e fan and see if this fixes the issue, or is there a way to remove the 2efe code and it not limit torque through the toggles or cooling limits?

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Yes possible to bypass the error in the tune but you'd need to pay a tuner to do that.

Putting the stock fan back in is a better solution if you want to maintain the ability to modify your own tune.