TiAL Sport Blow Off Valve for BMW N54 – Q 50mm

chef423

Private
Sep 28, 2023
Hey guys, just got my 335i up and fully running. Hydra HP800's and I have the downpipes back on her.

My question is, how do I want to adjust my BOV? Very open, or almost closed or somewhere in between? I was running Diverter valves before so there was no adjusting.

I am running the MHD Stage 2+ tune with the upgraded 3.5 Bar MAP sensor. I just did the downpipes today. But earlier today, when I decided to go WOT, she opened up then began running rough, had to pull over and shut the car down and start her back up. I am thinking my BOV isn't adjusted correctly (?) I did install about 2 yrs ago the BMS N54 BOV Vacuum Adapter. I have one port capped and the other I have the smaller, hard vacuum tube inserted into the larger vacuum line required to use the TiAL BOV.

Car has every bolt on upgrade possible and new index 12 injectors etc. I have not upgraded my fuel system nor do I have coils.

Thank you,
chef

chef423

Private
Sep 28, 2023
Thanks, ill give it a try. I placed it wide open last night and was throwing the silly 29F2 code. There is zero chance my HPFP happened to fail at the exact time I installed new turbos on the car. In fact it ran fine then I accidently put REG UE gas in the car and it immediately ran like shit. I am still dealing with it. I should have drained the tank, instead i put more Super UE gas in her. :(