New turbos constantly leaking coolant

chef423

Private
Sep 28, 2023
Hydra Performance twins. Front turbo leaking at the coolant lines. New lines, new O-Rings.

Im lost. Any ideas are welcome.

Chris

ktb_e92

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Indiana
Ride
2007 335i MT6
Are you sure the feed & return going into the block & turbo are pushed in all the way? Sometimes you may think they're pushed all the way in, when in reality they may be a tiny bit loose. Other than that, I don't see why they'd leak if the hardware is new unfortunately. Unless a leak sprung that is streaming toward that direction, making it look like the line is leaking when it really isn't? Let us know

oVeRdOsE

Lurker
Jun 12, 2024
Are you sure the feed & return going into the block & turbo are pushed in all the way? Sometimes you may think they're pushed all the way in, when in reality they may be a tiny bit loose. Other than that, I don't see why they'd leak if the hardware is new unfortunately. Unless a leak sprung that is streaming toward that direction, making it look like the line is leaking when it really isn't? Let us know
Agree. Those can be hard to push back. Also, they need to be fully seated before torqueing the screw back, if not it will go sideways and tear the o-ring.

You can use soapy wota or silicon grease, this will help.

but before doing this, did you boroscope the leak to be sure it's coming from the lines ?

Reactions: chef423 and ktb_e92

chef423

Private
Sep 28, 2023
Agree. Those can be hard to push back. Also, they need to be fully seated before torqueing the screw back, if not it will go sideways and tear the o-ring.

You can use soapy wota or silicon grease, this will help.

but before doing this, did you boroscope the leak to be sure it's coming from the lines ?

Then that is exactly what's happening. I put the lines on first then put the turbos on the car. Attach all the lines, oil too.

Ill know 100% tmrw as I am pulling the front turbo.

(edited)

Last edited:
Reactions: oVeRdOsE