N54 second/manifold MAP sensor address MHD

suspect

Private
Nov 7, 2023
Does anyone know how to log the pressure sensed (or other parameter) by the second MAP sensor mounted on the intake manifold? Been trying to find a boost leak. Replaced vacuum lines, intercooler o rings, pre throttle body MAP sensor o ring, charge pipe, DVs tested, rear turbo boost solenoid, still cant find the problem. Could be turbos but started after OFHG replacement so I am hoping if I have cracked the intake manifold or pinched manifold gaskets, I should be able to see a pressure drop or behaviour between pre throttle body sensor and intake manifold sensor that indicates a problem. WGDC PID gives up after first pull.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
The MAP sensor only reads up to 3PSI gauge so I don't think it will be that useful.

However, if you still think it is of use I can create a custom logging parameter for it that you can use with MHD like I've done in other topics. Just let me know what ROM you are using.

Reactions: wheela

suspect

Private
Nov 7, 2023
The MAP sensor only reads up to 3PSI gauge so I don't think it will be that useful.

However, if you still think it is of use I can create a custom logging parameter for it that you can use with MHD like I've done in other topics. Just let me know what ROM you are using.
Thank you @carabuser. At this point I have checked or replaced all the common stuff like vacuum lines, boost solenoids, tested the DVs, charge pipe, intercooler connections. Don’t know what else to try so yes please could you give me the logging parameter? I have a UK 2007 335i with MSD80 I believe so it would be I8A0S.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Unzip that file and place the xml into the MHD root folder and you should then see Manifold Pressure as a loggable parameter.

It's absolute pressure, so deduct the atmospheric reading to get gauge. It should trace the boost pressure until 3psi. After that it'll just cap out.

Attachments

• I8A0S_UserChannels.zip
    322 bytes · Views: 7

suspect

Private
Nov 7, 2023
Unzip that file and place the xml into the MHD root folder and you should then see Manifold Pressure as a loggable parameter.

It's absolute pressure, so deduct the atmospheric reading to get gauge. It should trace the boost pressure until 3psi. After that it'll just cap out.
Appreciate it thanks

Reactions: wheela