MHD Logging Glitch

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I experienced a logging glitch several times. A number of data channels suddenly glitch out and record an absurdly high value. Noticed this for the first time.
Monitoring dials would also record the max figure and rescale.
Using MHD Orange WiFi and iOS MHD on iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Any ideas what’s going on?

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
It looks like the values are maxing out momentarily. Could be a glitch in the IOS app since I can't think of a scenario that would cause the DME to respond with incorrect values.

Reactions: Jeffman

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Agreed. In the iOS or perhaps the WiFi signal. It’s never happened in then hundreds of logs I’ve done over the years with my Android phone plugging directly into the OBDII port.

IQraceworks

Sergeant
Jul 7, 2020
Missouri
Ride
07' BMW 335i
I had an issue like that once. I had to put my phone on airplane mode....that fixed it. Apparently the phone was doing stuff in the background, and trying to connect to other wifi sources. I ended up going back to using the actual OBS cable...much more consistent logs.

Reactions: Jeffman

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I had an issue like that once. I had to put my phone on airplane mode....that fixed it. Apparently the phone was doing stuff in the background, and trying to connect to other wifi sources. I ended up going back to using the actual OBS cable...much more consistent logs.
Makes sense! Thanks for your input.