Max boost expected VS tuner

oVeRdOsE

Lurker
Jun 12, 2024
Hi,
1st i'm new on that platform.

Base on you guys experience, I wish to set my mind on a boost target based on my setup .

I'm running JB4 settings based on log and knowledge found on forums and Terry from BMS, and I've decided to get services from a tuner to get most of it, and of course , safer.

The question is coming based on the tuner stating I wont be able to go over 18 psi on my setup, but since I'm a newbie, I tried many setting and reach 21-22psi with good logs.

Is 18psi is only what I can get? (please note we are on iteration 2, not done yet, might be higher)

• Speedtech 6262bb top mount
  • Pump fuel 91 only available here.
  • 5'' stepped IC
  • BMS 50/50 meth 600cc single nozzle
  • DI , no PI
  • N20 TMAP
  • JB4 gen 5 connect + BEF (file from BMS, pump fuel) : Map8
  • Engine stock, intake stock, etc.
  • Maintenance all done, including gen3 hpfp, index12, rod bearing, seals, coils (eldor), 2 step ngk, pvc , etc.
  • 450lph lpfp + cooled EKP.

The GOAL is not to challenge the tuner, he got 100000x more experience than me dealing on jb4tech forum with Terry, but I'd like to have input from similar setup.

I wont disclose the tuner, since we are at iteration 2, so we might get more, who knows.

Thank you

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
generally speaking it has always been a battle of "higher boost + less timing" vs "lower boost + more timing"
there is no right or wrong way to do it IMO

as long as there are no timing corrections (most tuner shoot for -3 on pump fuel for max power which is a big no for me) and no throttle closures, throw both tunes on the dyno and see which one is better, ymmv

Last edited:
Reactions: oVeRdOsE