JB4+BEF - Potential Question on my actual map

oVeRdOsE

Lurker
Jun 12, 2024
Hello !

I have a E91 with a speedtech kit 6262bb gen2 + JB meth kit single nozzle 600cc (stock engine)

Ive reach a tuner to get a proper .bin file and proper JB4 Map6 settings.

We got to a point where I had 4 revision, and the car is slower on the 60-130 than my FBO stock turbos...

The tuner took into consideration Pump fuel 91 oct, but seems to ignored the meth kit.
When I reached him, Ive asked if we can push more, and I was able to fuel it with 94 here in canada, and told him a 3rd time that I have meth.

he replied back, that if I want more power, I need a ''94+meth map''...

1. Ok but what this means? What question next should I ask him?
  2. Can I simply make my own setting on JB4 ? On what map?
  3. Do I still need to edit the .bin map or I get get a bit more on the tuner map by adjusting JB4?
Latest Datalog

53727965921_f5c2c632f2_c_d.jpg

Last edited:

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
It's not a surprise the car is slower. 0 timing and only 16PSI. That's conservative even on crap fuel without meth.

You'd want to aim for 5* and 21psi. Meth, pump and a single turbo are a recipe for disaster though.

Reactions: oVeRdOsE

wheela

Captain
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Obviously a lot of unknown factors around the meth, so I assume the 5* and 21psi target is just a ball park for pump fuel only? To be advanced from there at his own risk with addition of meth?

oVeRdOsE

Lurker
Jun 12, 2024
It's not a surprise the car is slower. 0 timing and only 16PSI. That's conservative even on crap fuel without meth.

You'd want to aim for 5* and 21psi. Meth, pump and a single turbo are a recipe for disaster though.

The ideal goal is to cover the fact here the fuel available is 91 and in few places 94. So this is why I have meth. (also keep those valves cleaner for longer :blush:)
I dont want meth to achieve insane timing for a ''110+ octane'' levels.

Also, I dont want 700whp, around 550-600bhp it's a good figure for what I'm doing.

Meth is the base BMS kit : single 600cc nozzle on the charge pipe with 50/50 mix. triggered at 11psi in the Jb4 app.

can you elaborate how a ST with meth can be more disastrous than a TT with meth?

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
It's just that most single turbo users want to go for big power. It's not any more risky at the power you are aiming for since without the meth the knock sensors should save you.

As it stands you have all the downsides of a single turbo but with stock turbo power levels.

oVeRdOsE

Lurker
Jun 12, 2024
in fact my back TT was pretty much done.

ST got more upsides imo : temps, single bank, wayyy easier to work on, sound, low end torque on high hp setup.
Also having a JB4, despite the fact this is ''not the best option for high hp and high response'' , it has the safety I need for a street built.

Having a small 6262 twinscroll turbo does not alter the daily driving that much over the TTs.

Today I've increased the target pressure and increase the FF from 50 to 60.
Also reached BMS to see if they can help me on that. Their base map 3 got more kick that the tuner one...