Hydra performance hpfp overdrive

Boost.J

Apr 14, 2024
Canada
Ride
135i
Is anyone running or have any information about the hydra performance hpfp overdrive kit? Definitely seems to be the most affordable and simplest option for fueling headroom.

jzx_andy

Corporal
May 22, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
2008 E92 335i 6MT
I haven't come across anything detailed other than their youtube video, which you're probably already aware of.

I bought the kit but won't be getting to fitting it for a while. It's just a different sprocket and a shorter chain.

Here's a pic of the kit:

IMG_20240903_173331749.jpg

I'm not familiar enough with chain jobs on n5x's to comment whether the sprocket and chain can be done without removing the sump and crank hub. I suspect you need to take the valve cover off, lock timing, remove sump. Belt, a pulley or two, vac pump seal/cover and possibly the crank hub need to come out in order to do this one.

I asked Hydra about some instructions or an installation vid awhile back, but haven't heard back from them. Hope that @Hydra Performance (Omar) and the gang are all OK, considering what's going on in Lebanon and neighbouring countries at the moment.

Last edited:

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
crankhub will unfortunately need to come off to replace the chain, Get a crankhub tool. Remove the valve cover, lock the cams and the crank with the tool. remove a few pullies, including the crank pulley. Pull off the vac pump seal/cover.

Reactions: jzx_andy

wheela

Captain
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
crankhub will unfortunately need to come off to replace the chain, Get a crankhub tool. Remove the valve cover, lock the cams and the crank with the tool. remove a few pullies, including the crank pulley. Pull off the vac pump seal/cover.
Good excuse to put in fresh unused friction disks, or upgrade to the newer crank hub version (or hell, go pinned while you're in there)šŸ‘

Jan 31, 2017
www.hydraperformance.com
Ride
2010 135i 6MT

We do it @ the shop without removing the crank hub by removing the vacuum pump sprocket seal, opening the oil pump chain, tying both chains together, replacing the chain and closing it back again, but this is quite difficult to do and requires a fair bit of dexterity & special tools...

Last edited:
Reactions: jzx_andy