Has anyone else noticed the throttle tables in the MHD S55 XDF are broken?

Pete.J

Lurker
Oct 11, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ride
BMW M4 Coupe (F82) S55 TT
I find Sport and Sport+ modes to have overboosted accelerator pedal, i.e. the accelerator feels like binary on/off switch (specially Sport+. In Sport, I could tolerate it, depending on how much power the tune is making).

I use my car for circuit, and the ability to slowly apply torque on a corner exit is very important. I really don't know what BMW was thinking with that one. "uLtImAtE dRiViNg MaChInE" apparently šŸ„“

So, I went and edited the throttle tables, in my tune (both the Pedals and also Driver Torque Request), and went out for a test drive, and found out they made no difference. I lowered everything significantly, and set it as linear as possible.

Then I had second try, I went back again and halved the values for the pedal travel to allow for a very slow and numb accelerator pedal, same scenario again, the changes made absolutely no difference.

I am using the XDF 00001A841D2801 downloaded from MHD's public repository.

I am wondering if this is a known issue, or am I the only one?

I checked many times that TunerPro saved correctly, and checked very well that I flashed the correct saved file to the car. I checked, checked, and checked again! This isn't the first time I do this, I owned two N54's in the past, and custom tuned all of them.

I came across one other person with the same issue, I pm'd him a while back and he didn't respond. But otherwise the issue seems unheard of, this is the other thread: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1980163

I wonder if I have something wrong, or is this well accepted now, that you can't change the default throttle mapping on S55 engine.

TIA

This is how my linear throttle mapping tables are looking now:

Screenshot 2024-07-31 210328.png

Last edited:

Pete.J

Lurker
Oct 11, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ride
BMW M4 Coupe (F82) S55 TT
Also, worth mentioning that I have the OLS for the S55, and I have searched for keywords like "Sport" and "Sport+"... etc. and in total found 45 tables with this naming.

I was thinking maybe the throttle tables MHD has defined in the S55 XDF are ported from the EWG N55 (both use the same MEVD172.G DME), and they don't do anything on the S55. But I didn't really find any other tables that could be alternative throttle tables. I defined some of the below tables, and made changes to them, but nothing made a difference to the throttle mapping when I drove the car to test.

Screenshot 2024-07-31 212630.png

Reactions: wheela

wheela

Captain
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
I haven't messed with throttle mapping myself, but have you looked at the valvetronic tables? I've read on a different forum that (at least for n55) the throttlebody and valvetronic maps are seperate, and you have to update both to truly get linear throttle to work.