Active steering coded out. DSC errors

MrDarkArtz

May 18, 2024
Anyone able to help. E90 with active steering. I’ve removed the active steering and coded it out, but I’m getting DSC errors. I’ve read that I’ll need to flash the DSC using expert mode in winkfp to a ZB that doesn’t have AFS. Does anyone know what ZB I could use? Original is 6775389

hollracing

Private
Oct 26, 2022
What DSC errors?
Should be able to code it out. Can you share your nettodat.trc from the DSC module?
What steering rack are you now using? And what SZL?

MrDarkArtz

May 18, 2024
What DSC errors?
Should be able to code it out. Can you share your nettodat.trc from the DSC module?
What steering rack are you now using? And what SZL?
I’ve fitted an electric steering rack and the SZL I’m using is PN 9123041

I’ll have to get nettodat in the morning as it’s 10pm now.

Errors attached
IMG_2407.jpeg

hollracing

Private
Oct 26, 2022
5DD2 & 5DD0 requires valve adjustment to be completed... You should be able to do this through ISTA.
5D8E & D01C is because non AFS DSC has 1x DSC sensor cluster and AFS has 2x (all different part numbers).
Not sure about 62D6 but I'd guess if you fixed these other errors this might clear.
Id still be interested in looking at your nettodat.trc from the DSC to see if you can some how use the 2x sensor clusters without AFS.

MrDarkArtz

May 18, 2024
5DD2 & 5DD0 requires valve adjustment to be completed... You should be able to do this through ISTA.
5D8E & D01C is because non AFS DSC has 1x DSC sensor cluster and AFS has 2x (all different part numbers).
Not sure about 62D6 but I'd guess if you fixed these other errors this might clear.
Id still be interested in looking at your nettodat.trc from the DSC to see if you can some how use the 2x sensor clusters without AFS.
I've attached the nettodat but had to put it in a zip file because it won't let me upload just the nettodat file. I've ordered a new speed/yaw sensor for non AFS so I'm hoping that'll help too. PN is 6762769. This nettodat business is like magic to me, I have no idea how it all work's lol

Attachments

• nettodat.zip
    234 bytes · Views: 3

MrDarkArtz

May 18, 2024
So I tried to sort the valve adjustments today using ISTA with no joy. It just wouln't do it. So I used INPA to reset, well.... everything lol. And now one of the valve adjustment errors is gone (5DD0). Leaving the other 5DD2 remaining out of the 2.

MrDarkArtz

May 18, 2024
For anyone having the same issues I have in the future. All lights on the dash are now gone and the issue solved.

The solution: change the speed/yaw sensor to non-afs one and run dsc calibrations in ista by calculating a plan.

Reactions: hollracing